The man sulk [reader warning: confessional post]

Guys complain that girls expect them to read their minds. But when guys get sullen and moody, they expect girls to read their minds.

Let me rephrase that, when I get moody, I expect Nikki to read my mind.

Perfectly reasonable, right? Anyway, when I read Manhood by Steve Biddulph a year or two ago, one of the things that struck me was a comment that over time, men become bad at expressing their preferences. I think that's true of me.

And the more simple and childish the preference, the harder I find to express it and the more moody I get as a result and the more I wish Nikki could read my mind so that I wouldn't have to be the one to express it.

So I like getting takeaway food as a family every now and then. But it feels kinda embarrassing to ask for it often. But, as silly as it sounds, I've resolved to try hard to express my preference for take away food.