No Kingdom divided against itself...

I gotta preach on Jesus comback to the accusation that he drives out demons by the power of the devil. He says if that happened, Satan's kingdom would collapse. I wonder: but why doesn't he fake it? He can come masquerading as an angel of light, he can do counterfeit miracles... why can't he exorcise? Or at least why can't the demons jump out of their host, pretending to be in anguish?

(Moreover, this whole discussion assumes a simple two-fold spiritual realm: God and Satan. What about a more polytheistic world? Lots of little warlord city-states of demons? Satan could drive out lesser demons with lesser kingdoms...)

I'm thinking. And I'm wondering: exorcism must be a necessarily more violent and harsh event for the demon than I thought previously. It's not something you can do for the sake of guerilla tactics. It's not something that can be faked. Hmm.